Thursday, June 5, 2014

Sticky Blogs: Fosters Are Coming

Well, Mother broke the terrible news that her dream of fostering more cats is becoming a reality.  Yes, that is cats, as in plural, as in multiple felines.  A special foster room has been dedicated to these cats, which (rumor has it) is likely to include kittens.  It makes me want to hork.  So I did hork, all over Mother's gas stove top.  She had fun cleaning that.  No, she didn't, but that was the point.  How else am I to protest this injustice!?

My allergies have returned in full force.  I've been stealing the dry food at night right from the cupboard.  Mother didn't understand what I was having an allergic reaction to, since she had been putting the dry food bowls up when she goes to bed at night.  My plan has been terminated, as she discovered me hiding quietly in the cupboard when she went to get some granola.  I must find a new strategy.  Yes, it makes me itch and hork, but what can I say?  I love me some dry food and I intend to continue trying to eat it against all odds.

So busted.
This foster thing is really freaking meowt.  I mean, what if she falls in love with one of them?  It happened with the tortie.  In the past year, I went from being queen of this castle to fur sib of three additional cats!  Mother says she is NOT adopting any more, that she just wants to give the shelter cats a loving, comfortable, more spacious home until they find their forever families, but can you blame me for being skeptical at this point?

On the other paw, she has been very understanding of my situation, and has been giving me special privileges including a fridge-top bed of my own.  This time of year I prefer windows, so she has cleared  a path for me to sit in the bathroom box window and in the kitchen window above the sink.  My paws almost never touch the floor anymore, meowhaha!  So there's that, I guess.

Cat Yoga.
Maybe the foster thing won't be so bad.  I mean, hey, it will give me more time to strategize how to steal more dry food!  What can I say?  I has a habit.

-Sticky the Kitty

No comments:

Post a Comment